Careers Guidance will focus on the specific needs of each individual student, promoting self-awareness and personal development. Each student will receive current and relevant information to enable informed decisions and future choices. All information will be delivered impartially and differentiated to suite specific needs. Each student will also have access to confidential, personalised careers guidance.
The Stokesley School Careers Programme LINK will promote the following to all students:
- Self development through employability and enterprise education – planning & managing own future
- Raising aspirations and awareness of all available options at each transitional point.
- Learning about Careers and the world of work
- Developing career management, employability and enterprise skills
- Promoting equality, diversity, social mobility and challenging stereotypes.
For further information about Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance at Stokesley School – please see the Careers Policy >> Coming Soon <<
All students are able to request a one-to-one Careers Interview in school, please contact Mrs Harrison-Henry email@example.com
Training Providers can access our students for the purpose of giving them information about their education offer. This complies with legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997. For more information, please see our Provider Access Policy >> here <<
Thinking about your Future
This booklet is a really useful guide to options for young people, choosing GCSE subjects, leaving school and entering Further Education and also for those entering Higher Education. It offers guidance on choosing subjects at GCSE and explains in simple terms what pathways are available at each stage of education.
This software will help you to explore the world of work, help you decide which subjects to study at GCSE and beyond. By creating your own profile, a list of job roles specifically matched to your personal skills & qualities, likes & dislikes will be produced for you to explore further. With lots of videos of local people in each sector to explain more about what different jobs are really like.
An introduction to U-Explore START for students at Key Stage 3.
Psychometric Testing https://icould.com/buzz/
Makes you think about your own personal skills and qualities and helps you decide which career would suit you best.
A Quick test to find out what sort of person you are and which job role might suit you best.
LMI (Labour Market Information)
What exactly is LMI ?
LMI for All is an online data portal, which connects and standardises existing sources of high quality, reliable labour market information (LMI) with the aim of informing careers decisions. The Widget enables you to compare various job roles/pay/availability etc.
This is information about the availability of jobs in your area or nationally, in the form of statistics and data and sometimes presented in graphs or tables – it will help you answer questions like ;
- What is the likelihood of getting a particular job at the end of this course?
- What is the competition for places on a specific course or training programme?
- What type and level of qualification are employers looking for?
- What jobs are available locally?
- What earnings can I expect?
- What are the chances of career progression in . . . ?
- Where will I be able to find work as . . . ?
‘Shape Your Future’ published by The National Careers Service- Yorkshire & the Humber, provides LMI in an easily accessible form- showing which sectors are growing or shrinking, what skills are in demand when thinking about future career, training and study plans.
LMI in the Tees Valley Industry specific profiles:
- Culture and Leisure
- IT, Media and Other Services
- Professional Business Services
- Public Admin, Defence and Education
- Wholesale and Retail
Published quarterly, the Tees Valley Skills Newsletter explains labour market trends, highlights employment news and career opportunities within Tees Valley.
Every quarter the newsletter focuses on a different sector, and includes:
- Case studies of young people
- Information about job opportunities and apprenticeships
- Information about the different sectors
- A summary of who is recruiting in the area
Stokesley School Alumni Association
Calling all EX- Stokesley School Students!
You are invited to join the Stokesley School Alumni Association.
We would like to stay in contact with you as you embark on the next phase of your learning journey and as your future career develops. By joining our Alumni you can remain part of our school community and be proud to be associated with Stokesley School. We may call upon you to participate in future events by sharing your experiences and successes with younger students.
If you would like to join, please contact : Mrs Harrison-Henry firstname.lastname@example.org